Friday 5 November 2010

Thursday and Friday

Apologies for combining these two posts, it just helps to finish off the week and by now parents of the school would have received this weeks newsletter anyway. Saddening news which I am grateful for the parents letting me know about, is the future redundancy of our two crossing wardens. This is a whole community issue as it means that our children are at risk. I can assure you that we were the last people to know which leaves me perplexed at certain decisions. As we are aware, Birmingham City Council needs to make cutbacks and this seems to be one of them. I can assure you that I will be ringing them to see what happens now!

Thankyou also to the anonymous poster that informed us about the typo error on the main school website. This has now been rectified as well as an update. We recently swapped our website to a better provider, but still it seems you have to have a degree in computing to add new content. We all learn something new everyday!

Good news on the request for Parent Governors, we have received four candidates for two positions. I am delighted with all the prospective candidates. The accompanying statements really show their desire to enhance the school and take it even further. I look forward to the elections, and may the best candidates win.

A super assembly this morning,really rewarding to give out certificates for brilliant contributions to the school. I also thanked our councillors that have been completing toilet duty this week. The toilets downstairs are well underway to completion and like The Great Wall of China, I am sure you can see the pink colour from space!!!

An exciting week next week, two authors are visiting school, Simon Cheshire and Jeremy Strong. More information about them can be found at:
www.simoncheshire.co.uk
www.jeremystrong.co.uk

Have a super weekend everyone and please be safe. I would also like to wish Happy Diwali to those in our community that are celebrating it.
Mr. Rothwell

No comments:

Post a Comment