Friday 26 November 2010

Friday 26th November

Afternoon everybody, the end of another week is here. I think it is only 3 more weeks to go until we break up for our Christmas holidays. We have so much to complete in that time, I really do not know where time goes at times. I have finished this weeks newsletter with some information about what we expect in terms or reading. The decision to say that children at Lyndon Green Juniors should read as a minimum, four times a week in my view is about right. The children can then fit their reading around their busy lifestyles, I think some of our children have better social lives than some of the adults.

I also promised that I would publish some of our Christmas dates for you so that they are on a central place. So here goes:

Tuesday 7th December - Christmas lunch
Friday 10th December - Christmas Panto am
Tuesday 14th December - Afternoon performance of Christmas play 1.30 tbc
Tuesday 14th December - Evening Performance 6.30 tbc
Wednesday 15th December - Years 5 and 6 Christmas parties
Thursday 16th December - Years 3 and 4 Christmas parties
Friday 17th December - School Closes for Holiday.

As well as these events we still have a lot of learning and Teaching still to do.

I always say how proud I am to be the Head of this school. This comes from having great children that have the right attitude to learning, but it is more for the community feel that we have. Our sponsored walk raised over £1200, then again you support Children in need and even more you donate to our Harvest festival that we share out amongst our community. We often feel we are asking to much of you as parents and families to support so many worthwhile causes, but you never cease to amaze me. Yet again we are taking part in our shoebox appeal and what can I see outside in the foyer, a large pile of boxes. All I can say is Thankyou very much.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and I look forward to the start of another week

No comments:

Post a Comment